Saturday 1 September 2012

The Wide Rye Sky


Sat under a wide sky and watched a hawk seamlessly circle above me. Sailing. Hunting. Gorgeous. Can you see that little speck of hawk in the center there? 



Then I cloud watched. The shape-shifting types. Caught a few on film. The sky was that deep September blue but there was still an August heat...

 OK, this one is an elephant. See it? 






And this one is a prancing dog with a triangle head...


At around 4:00pm, the animals started perking up. Chipmunks, finches, a grey bunny sitting and glittering on a grey mica covered rock. I love it when nature comes to me. Like when a butterfly lands on your hat. 

I could hear the road and the cars full of people doing stuff but I was so content to just lay under the sky, opening and then closing my eyes. Seeing in and seeing out. As cloud animals and airplanes floated by. The wind was so gentle,  probably like what a baby feels being swung in a bassinet. It was a perfectly healing day. 

For me, it's so easy to be in the moment in nature. Easier than anywhere else. Of course, this was easy nature. I didn't have to do anything. No blistery hiking boots. No rainy tent. Today was just colors, wind, sky and breath. I can feel my inner strength gathering. And I'm so grateful because my feeling is that, soon, I'm going to need a lot of it. 

But right now, it's only this moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment