Sunday 16 September 2012

Cabin Fever Already.

Well, I almost watched the entire 3rd season of Friday Night Lights today. It was a very quiet day. I caught up on sleep too. Tracy brought me an egg crate bed topper and it has changed everything. I realized how many days it's been since I've slept well and laid down on a comfortable bed. Now it's like a little piece of heaven.  I'm still feeling fine. No real effects from chemo yet. I'm just going a little stir crazy. My counts are low so I'm still not allowed to walk the halls. I haven't walked a continual forward motion in five days. I can't believe it's only been five days. Wow. It feels like longer. Exercising in this room is pretty uninspired. I have a Reebok step in here that is mind-numbing just to look at. I used it a bit. Why do I find it crazily boring? And I have the Theraband that I can tie to the doorknob and work out my arms a bit. And there's this little pedal machine that you sit in a chair and pedal on. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe it'll be my little saving grace. I read a lot that being in good shape before a transplant helps tremendously. And I feel like I'm swimming upstream just trying to maintain whatever strength I have. Maybe upstream is good. I'll bet a salmon is a very strong fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment