Friday 21 September 2012

They're Here!

Da Cells R In Da House!
I couldn't sleep very well last night because I kept waking up wondering if they'd arrived. And just now, this morning, it's official. I've been told, they're here. They're in the lab being processed and I can hardly believe it. I'm in the same building as my new cells!  All I can think about now is my fabulous, generous donor and what a beautiful spirit she is. Thank you Thank you Thank you for making this work. For being there for me. For humanity.

I also can not stop thinking about this life. Mine. And how it will be elongated. How I'll get to see many Springs and Summers, and graduations and weddings.  Skinned knees, successes, and even more important, reasons to keep trying. I have the opportunity to continue encouraging my kids, my husband, my friends, myself.  This is a dream come true. 

Apparently, the cells won't go in until later today. So the suspense is very edge of my seat. The clock is ticking rather slowly today I must admit. 

I have to thank Dr. Martin Tallman and Dr. Sergio Giralt once again (and this won't be the last) for scooping me up. For believing in themselves that they could do this and that I could do this, when others didn't. It's clear proof in this life that you should never stop searching for the right answers and the right people for you. As Ari says, "Never Give Up Mama, Never Give Up."  I won't baby. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

    You go, girl! Let the healing begin...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete