Friday 31 August 2012

R&R

I have tomorrow off. I do not have to go to Sloan Kettering and get my blood tested. I'm so excited just to hang around the house. Do some yoga. Read my book. Do my nails. Right now I can hear the crickets and their song is amazing. They're like ear perfume. Sort of like a hearing version of eye candy.

I read today the full report of what the clinical trial Dr. Giralt wants me to join. The hardest part to read is as always, the likely, less likely and rare side effects from the chemotherapy drugs. It's always a nasty list.  Of course, I'll so whatever Dr. Giralt suggests. It's not an issue for me at all. My only question is, will I get the higher dosage or lower dosage of Chlofarabine?  I'll see him next Thursday. I'll ask.

I was relieved to hear Robin Roberts from Good Morning America is using Dr. Giralt too for her transplant. When I first looked her up, I didn't see her as using him or being at Sloan Kettering and I was thinking, "What? Where else could she possibly be going?" Then it came out in the news yesterday that she is going to be at Sloan. There's no doubt they're the best and that I am very lucky. Maybe it will be a star-studded transplant floor while I'm there? Party!


No comments:

Post a Comment