Monday 24 September 2012

Day 3

Thank god Allison is here with me. This is like a slo-mo roller coaster ride. They spent the day today re-arranging some of my medicines because  of some side-affects I might be having.  Could be that the Dilauded is what makes me SO itchy, not the Tacrolimmus.  So they switched me from that onto Fentanyl with a clicker button, meaing I can give a dosage to myself if I want, (every 15 minutes).  

So as I tried that today,  I kept sleeping in this 15 minute increments. I'd fall asleep at 2:30 and then wake up thinking I slept all day. Yet, I'd get this quick massage from the sky that the sun is pretty much in the same position and so I hardly slept. It's the day that lasted forever!  

Or I'd fall asleep listening to Allison on the phone trying to round up volunteers for the Wellfleet Fall Oyster Festival, and then I'd fall asleeep, have this quick dream about what a success the Festival was, and the I'd wake up, still today, no oysters and beers having been had by anyway. 
And then I start to cry... No idea way. Maybe because they whipped me off the anit-depressenant I have been using since the day I day diagnosed... Apparently the stuff is not good on the liver. And they are very much trying to take care of mine....

But anyway, there's lots of reasons to be emotional.  But Day 3 is done. And we move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment