Friday 21 September 2012

DAY ZERO! My Garden Has Been Planted!

Wow.  Such an emotional day. Up earlier than ever. Waiting till 6:00pm for the transplant to begin. The tick-tock of the clock was really loud.  Then Andrea stopped by and brought this extremely witty chocolate mousse cake that I can't eat because it was store bought. But boy, does it ever look clever and yummy to me...!
"Let's Cell-ebrate" I love that kind of stuff. I mean, what are words made for???  Andy and I looked at it very lovingly and tucked it in the fridge. Maybe freeze it till the kids can get here and they can dig in...

5:30 finally arrived, I was given the pre-medications for the transplant. They made me so super tired that I feel like I slept through so much of it! It was four hours long, just a drip/ drop into me. But they were, plainly, a gift from a generous soul somewhere in this great world. Donor, it is my giant hope, that your rump doesn't hurt too much today.  I hope you have many people who love you and surround you in many ways.  It' no doubt you do. You deserve it!  Please please include me in that circle.

So, here are the cells. They're a gorgeous color. The doctor said she thought they looked really juicy.
And now, after all this work and fighting to be here, my job has changed. It has now become one where I allow. Allow healing to begin, occur, flourish, do what it does best. When it comes down to this miracle stuff, all I can do is be grateful and allow... 
The last mind-blowing gift of the day is my glowing brand new Advent calender made by the overly talented, underly appreciated Allison. I said, "we need a calendar like the one's Christians ride in toward Christmas on.  She pulled out her saddle and two days later handed me the funniest, sweetest, most gleeful calendar fit for any child, any person, in this whole world. The first day says, 
"Welcome to the world, little itsy bitsy cells. You will love your new home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment