Tuesday 30 October 2012

Testing 1 2 3

Well I'm still here at Sloan. I've watched Sandy wreck it's havoc on NY and NJ. Places I know. It will take some time to recover. Those are some wet wet subways. And my heart is so sad for anyone who lost their precious life during this. Mostly from downed trees. Seems so unnecessary. Random. Everyone I know and love here seems to be fine thank goodness. Even Sue B. sitting in the dark with her elderly mom on long island. Commitment really shows in these situations. To your family, your friends, your town. Small things are appreciated, like finding some extra birthday candles in a drawer, or open dunkin donuts. And I was appreciating that the girls from Bay Shore they were interviewing on CNN seemed really intelligent and cared for. We used to take the ferry from Bay Shore to a Fire Island summer house share we had in the '90's and Bay Shore seemed so forgotten: bridal stores with dresses from the 70's in the windows next to empty stores all around. I imagine Fire Island took a big hit from Sandy. I love the beach so much and I so dislike when they get pummeled.
I think the healthiest lifestyle I ever lived was two years in Florida. Biking, jogging, kayaking with the dolphin and manatee and getting up before sunrise to do sea turtle conservation. It felt like the first time I actually lived on a planet. And I fit right in...

Well, this week has been a real Sloan week.  I'm not saying I fit right in but they've taken good care of me. It seems since I came in with chest pain, they don't want me to leave until they've figured out why. So they want to put a scope down my throat into my belly and see what's up. But I need to have another echocardiogram first because last time they did this my heart went racing. So I had to sign the "what if" scary papers. I hate those. Just in case yuck yuck bleh bleh. I asked Dr. Giralt if he thought this was worth it and he said definitely. So OK. And then tomorrow I think maybe is the bone marrow biopsy. If the labs are open. I'm praying for a beautiful marrow. The doctors seem to be most excited about my platelets doing so well. And well heck, so am I. So, I know so many of you have prayed and continue to pray for me and my family, please I ask if you have a moment for a healthy biopsy prayer we will take it in with much love and appreciation. Lots of tests to pass, but that by sure is the most important one.
Love you
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment