Friday 26 October 2012

Negative thinking

Negative thinking.
I'm going back a few days because this has just been on my mind despite all the transitions this week and computer roadblocks to blogging. I know I've mentioned how hard prednisone has been on me emotionally. I cry really easily and get sucked back into the shock of the transplant experience really easily.  I'll miss my kids and cry a river. Often people will advise to stay away from negative thinking. Which always gets me thinking....  Just about our brains, and how each of us is wired and how darn difficult it can be sometimes to think positively. And I noticed, being here in the states during this frustrating campaign season, that negative thinking must fill a huge hole somewhere in our humanoid-ness. Why would a candidate pay gigantic money for an ad that simply lists their opponents' faults and missteps and at the end simply say they approve the message. That means that a list of negativity is just as powerful and efficient advertising as providing people with positive things you may have accomplished as a candidate yourself.  If it didn't work they wouldn't do it. People must thrive somehow on the negative. It's serving us. Is it just natural? Should we just admit we're drawn to that like rubbernecking or something? I see it in myself. I'm like rubbernecking my own transplant. Like "what the f### was that?" and I want to turn around and drive by again, slower, to see if I can see some more or figure out what happened.
I'd like to remove negative thinking from my brain as much as I wish there would be campaign finance reform. But it's hardest to do when the drama is high and the stakes are high. But I think I'm ready to accept today that my mind is a rubbernecker, and the good positive pleasant uplifting thoughts have to be airlifted in by a SWAT team. Phew. What are friends and family for? Because I just can't seem to run a clean campaign here by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment