Thursday 18 October 2012

I Love the Way My Friend Lana Pronounces "Tired". She says TIYID! I'm Sooo TIYID!

I wouldn't want to do anything RASH, but this one's really got me down.  So itchy and red and uncomfortable (my favorite Grandpa Louis word, after he had eaten too much). So much so that I would accept anything they had to offer here, all day. So that's why I'm Tiyid! Lots of Attavan today.  It aint for me for anviety. It just knocks me out. But I get the attraction. Peacefulness certainly ain't something I can easily conger up.  And that's because it's NOT easy, or else we wouldn't be tripping over self-help sections in bookstores and yoga studios on every corner! 

They're trying to figure out if the rash is a medicine allergy or a possible form of GVHD. This is where my mind goes blaaaaaaank and I ring the nurses' bell for more drugs. 
"You raaaanng?" 
"Yes Lurch, please bring me my happy doses of Attavan and Ambien!" 
"Grrrrrrr".  Always his response....

I was reminded last night of the last section of the New Testament where God wants Jesus to go to the cross and Jesus is bargaining with God, like, "Really? Please! Isn't there something else I could do? Something a little less horrible? "
But there wasn't and he had to do it. And that was so we could lay our burdens down. Hand them over and say, God, thank you for taking this one, because otherwise I'm not sure I'd know how to get through the day. It's probably where the expression "LORD, Give me strength!!!" came from. (Another great phrase I adopted from Lana).
It never feels like a fair deal for God. We're always handing over our yuck. For example, "God, please heal this gross itchy rash for me, so I can sleep like a baby tonight..." Does that seems fair...?

I think this is tied to why I feel so compelled, or just plain excited, to pay it forward. I'm curious to see how I can take all that's been given me so I can snowball it in some great way. But that "way" will, of course, reveal itself at the right time. Because right now I'm still just shy of the healthy side. Still daydreaming about walks, yoga, real sleep and real food. And besides, I'm really quite TIYID!

Day +27: EAT WELL

happy dreams Lurch,
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment