Friday 19 October 2012

Let's Dance

Today the calendar says, "Dance in Place". It's very practical advice. Especially if you don't know if the doctor is going to say yes or going to say no to discharging me tomorrow.  It's up to Dr. Giralt. He's the man on duty tomorrow. It is a matter of whether he's comfortable with having found my correct Tacrillimus dosage for my mouth.  

I had some good advice from friend emails today reminding me to take deep breaths. Clear my mind a bit... And that i actually a lot like "Dancing in Place". 

I also took Attavan a few times, which for sure slows the music down.... 
Remember "Dancing in Place"?  At Middle School dances? Maybe on a lucky Friday evening some boy would ask you to dance a slow dance (most likely Stairway to Heaven---whoa that's a long song...) and there'd be no communication between you other than that you could put your head on his shoulder if you dared. There was such a mixed comfort of: Who's watching?
What's his face like? 
Are his eyes closed? 
Do I even like this person? 
When will this song ever be over? 
Hmm, this is actually really pleasant... 

Stairway to Heaven is so long that if you don't eventually stop roaming in circles, you'd both fall over together. And you can't have that!  So, "In place" became the place to be. It's really like a rocking. And rocking is so comforting. We do it to our babies all the time...

I asked if I could be unhooked from my "pole" today and the nurse said yes! So you can be sure I am sleeping on my belly tonight.  All the baby things for me today... And just think, I can walk through these halls and let both arms swing! I think I may have forgotten how to do that!



Day +28 Dance in Place

No comments:

Post a Comment