Monday 6 August 2012

The Common Cold

I had this cough that sort of came out of nowhere so they swabbed my nose and took a chest x-ray. No pneumonia. Phew. And so I didn't think about it again. Until the doctor came in. 
"I've got something to tell you. You've got the virus that carries... the Common Cold...". 
I was so relieved I almost laughed.  

I don't mean to underplay the seriousness of the cold when you're on a Leukemia floor where no one has a immune system to speak of.  So now I'm in isolation and I can't leave the room!  They wear gowns when they come in to see me. People can visit me, but I can't go walk my hallway circles or anything.  And no roommate... I'm the girl in the plastic bubble, but don't have John Travolta's hair.

2 comments:

  1. John Travolta lost his cuteness as soon as he reached the alleged perp status! You are far cuter than perp-man!

    dilly-llama (friend of your sister dilly-lizard)

    ps. sending mucho prayers your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend,

    Lorraine and I are sending you lots of love and strength to cope with these recurring challenges. We are thinking of you every day and can't wait for you to get out of that plastic bubble. We are amazed how brave, incredibly strong and resourceful you are. Bravo for always staying so positive throughout this entire ordeal. You are an inspiration to us and everybody else.
    We are thinking of you every day and sending loving wishes. Much love from Paris,

    Andreas, Lorraine and Maïa




    ReplyDelete