Sunday 19 August 2012

Night Swimming

So Ari did get to go Night Swimming. While Andy took some beautiful pictures. I'm so glad Ari has this appreciation for the delicious things in life. I played him the REM song "Night Swimming" tonight and he liked it a lot.  He's got a lot of zest and is very charming. And then earlier today one of the nurses told Isaac she wanted him to be her boyfriend!  He was very gracious and smiled and played along.  Yikes! Growing up!  

Tuesday is Ari's 6th birthday. Is that little or big? It's little of course, as far as parent calculating goes. But, six among kids, is no baby anymore.  These kid are entering the world. My kids are individuals backed by a mommy and a daddy that never really felt this kind of love before. I would never take credit for the greatness of my kids. But I will, for now, take credit for not messing them up. It's actually so fun to primarily just let them be who they are... They are blessings. Every inch of their existence is a blessing. My blessings. As Dr. Giralt said, "They are your fuel".   He's right. They absolutly are. 

I am 99.9% sure I'm getting out of here tomorrow. My Absolute Neutraphil count tonight is 0.4.  You need .5 to legitimately leave.  I think I can negotiate that.  Andy says I would have been a good investment banker. Haha. If I could only successfully balance a check book! But I can strike a pretty good deal when I need to.  Maybe that's from watching him do it for so many years. He's a win/win guy and I love that about the way he does business.  He's juggling so much now.  With balance and grace. It's impressive. 

The doctors and nurses here are very focused on my numbers and tests all looking fantastic. They are the people who prepare patients for transplants and unless you're strong, they won't let you do it. Presently my numbers and labs are good. I appreciate this body, despite the whacked-out bone marrow, because at least she's strong. Really strong. I can't describe how grateful I feel when my liver counts were so high from so many medications and as they took me off or switched me to different ones, my liver responded. My bilirubin counts came down and are normal now. I know it seems weird to sit here and be writing about how grateful I am to my liver, but I am.  


No comments:

Post a Comment