Wednesday 9 May 2012

Think Happy Thoughts!

Yet another night unslept. So weird. And that's with a Lamazapam or Tamazapam or Lalapaloozafan.  I'm just awake.

I just told the doctor I need to go home. Whether or not the results from my biopsy are good or not so good, I've got to go be with my family, in my space.  If I go straight to transplant (please please please) from this round of chemo, being home first will give me those recent memories that act like high-octane fuel for me when I'm in the hospital for a month pulling at all sorts of things to rely on for sustenance.

I'm not saying that little things don't sustain me as well. For example, this hospital stay, I've made some beautiful wrap bracelets (if I do say so myself). But, I've been wrestling with my needlepoint purchase that I was so pleased with when I first got it. First of all, (here comes another good reason to always read the small print), the design isn't even printed on the canvas! It's a blank canvas with the design on a separate sheet of grid paper. It's enough to make you batty! Counting counting counting all the time. And get this, the rainbow lettering on this special purchase reads, "Think Happy Thoughts!".

The more I got into this needlepoint, the more it was bugging me. "Think Happy Thoughts".  Is this wisdom? Who says that?  Glenda the Good Witch? Shirley Temple? Yoda wouldn't say it. It kind of sounds like Yoda. But Yoda wouldn't really say it. He'd say something more like, "Thoughts help not with being peaceful".  

I know in other blog entries I've written my credo down as "Don't Think".  And that has helped me for sure. But that would look o weird sewn onto a needlepoint pillow.  So, now I've got this blank canvas and some really pretty jewel-colored yarn and nothing to say. It could be anything.  Got any ideas?  I think it should be witty.  It can't be schmaltzy, and it has to be something you'd want in your living room, meaning limited profanity. I'm looking for something that when you look at it you're like, "Oh yeah! That's a good reminder..."

The suggestion box is open.




2 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING, Dina. And so is your blog. So smart. So funny. So poignant. So honest. Soooo much love coming your way.

    As for pillow suggestions, I've got a couple of visual ideas which I'll post on your FB wall.

    Much love... ♥
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a Deepak Chopra favourite:

    "The Wisdom of Uncertainty" ...?

    Not sure you'll have enough thread?!
    Lots of love
    Sue (Lewallen)

    ReplyDelete