Friday 11 May 2012

Addendum with Hopefulness

Andy emailed today with Dr. Marty Tallman. The doctor I had in Chicago who recommended the transplant in the first place. He has since has moved to Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York.  He recently published a paper studying people like me. Those who relapsed from AML and who had a hard time getting into remission. They had success and the majority of these people went to transplant and were doing well two years out. It seems like some could have even had higher Leukemic counts than I do. 

Marty is working on a plan for me. My entire outlook changed when Andy received that email. I kept reading it over and over. Crying and crying with thankfulness.

We had such a bad meeting this morning. The doctor just dumped me. The nurses cried.

I am ready to go anywhere, do anything.

Love you
D

1 comment:

  1. I'm so relieved to hear of Dr Tallman.
    You are are a strong amazing woman and if others can win this battle then you can too - I believe in you.
    Many prayers and much love
    Sue (Lewallen)
    xx

    ReplyDelete