Thursday 1 December 2011

The Real Countdown?

So my half and half kids (you know, the lucky yet confused ones who get to celebrate Hanuka and Christmas) started their advent calendars today, December 1st.  They'll take on any tradition from any religion if it involves chocolate.  But as they were opening the first window, I actually got a startle. If all goes right, I have 12 days till I return to the hospital for my transplant.  Maybe I should make my own little advent calendar. One for Jewish girls who are counting down to their stem cell transplants! I could market it. It'll be in such demand.  I'll be rich!

I feel like there are so many things I want to do before I go in! Some of them are random. For example, I'm determined to purge my closet before I go. Why? I have no idea. And I want to go to museums. The Victoria and Albert tomorrow. And I want to also hit the National Portrait Gallery and the Royal Academy next week. Why? I don't know. My closet and these museums will all be here when I recover.  I think it's because there's something about feeling organized that I love so much. And it's a shame really because I am NOT the most organized person so I don't get to have that feeling very often.  And as far as the museums go, I love the after-glow of seeing good art. It keeps me perky and inspired. I guess I'm just hunting down good memory makers to last me through five weeks in the hospital.  I'm dang lucky (by the way, Ari has started using the work dang a lot.  Does anyone else use it besides him and me?), that I have those kids and that husband to keep me laughing. And I'm so looking forward to the priceless visits from friends.

Have I mentioned I feel nervous? All new stem cells. I'll still be me of course. BUT WILL I????!!!

1 comment:

  1. Think you guys must have picked up "dang" from Sam haha. I noticed that!

    ReplyDelete