Monday 12 December 2011

Weathering Disappointment

I just had my mind so set on beginning the transplant process. Andy's been constantly talking me off the ledge. Taking care of me in that special way he does. With compassion and a good ol' positive spin on things. There are so many different ways to look at things, and luckily there's always the chance to change the way I'm looking.  I can think of the worst-case scenarios or I can think of the reasonable scenarios (better choice for sure). And I am so glad my friend Jenny is arriving on Thursday from California to keep me laughing.  I still really can't see any other peaceful way of getting through this besides NOT THINKING.  It always comes back to that. Always.

So, these are the things I like to do: help out in Ari's classroom, shop for Hanuka and Christmas. Take my gorgeous adorable dog to the dog park where she runs and runs and is happier than happy. I also have two art projects in the works for months that deserve finishing. Then there's always cuddling; the boys, the puppy, the hubby.

So if all goes as planned, (unless somehow I can get out of it) I'll go back to the hospital on Wednesday to get a new PICC line and start treatment on Thursday. To be continued. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment