Wednesday 7 December 2011

It's important to document

As bummed as I feel right now, without a single good joke in mind, or a single song stuck in my head, I know it's important to get down every twist and turn of this crooked path. And crooked it is, as I am reminded today. I had my head SO set on going in Monday and tackling this next step of going into transplant. I feel like I've been mentally preparing for the Super Bowl and the game gets canceled. Boom. It's stunning.

So, donor #2 did NOT pass their medical exam this week.  "It's so unusual!", somehow does not make me feel any better.  They were not taken off the registry but were "deferred". Till February 6th. Something is up with them physically and they've been given two months before they can come back and repeat the medical exam.  That is ALL the information I've been given.  Don't know what's wrong.  It is a flu? STD? What?

So instead of a transplant now, I'll probably have to do another round of chemotherapy (kicking and screaming, by the way), while I'll either wait and see on this donor or it's decided we move on to other donors who may not be as good a match for me. I dislike both options. Period.

All this said, I document it because I still believe that one day, I'll look back on this and I'll be so thoroughly done with my transplant, that I'll read this and be like, "oh yeah...remember when that happened?"  So, here's to you, giant bump in the road. May you be left behind, one day, to a distant memory.

Oh. And here's a joke. Pretty appropo too:
Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud, and cross back?
Because he was a dirty double-crosser!!
hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment