Sunday 27 November 2011

Unstoppable

Did you ever see the movie "Unstoppable"?  It's sooooo bad. But soooo good. It's should really be a comedy.  It's with Rosario Dawson and Denzel Washington.  What could be better right?  It's a true, yet trumped up story about a runaway train, and it's hilarious!  We couldn't stop laughing. And I can't stop thinking about it. We were in Paris this weekend and it was a choice on the hotel TV movie list. I almost wanted to watch it again in French. It would have been even funnier I'm sure. (Luckily "Anchorman" was also available. We went with that).

But back to unstoppable.  It explains me right now. I'm a serious and true story, but all I can do right now is laugh about it. What else is there to do? All I can do is try to have as seriously a good time as I possibly can. I'm doing pretty well at it and it feels like a runaway train. But in a good way.

Paris and San Francisco are my top two metropolitan loves. And this is not to hurt the feelings of the other major cities I have lived in or been to. I just find these two to be so beautiful and fun and easy to enjoy. I'm such a sucker for beauty. (Shallow shallow girl). But anyway, I surveyed the family and here are the highs of their weekend in Paris:
Andy--Eiffel Tower. Advance tickets (excellent idea), up to the summit where we ate delicious chocolate, hung around and then slowly climbed the stairs down at a 5-year-olds pace. (A good pace for getting the full flavor for wherever you might be).
Isaac--An exhibit at the Grand Palais called "Game Story", about the history of video games. I have to say, I miss PONG.  THAT was a fun video game...
Ari--his highlight was the push sailboats in the pond in the Tuileries. It's so old fashioned. I'm so glad he liked it.
And for me, it was a simple cafe meal with my family, cracking up at yet another silly game of Telephone. How can four people pass along a message and get it so wrong?!

So, as my Unstoppable train barrels ahead, I do think of the destination.  I know the brakes will screech, and I'll stop at a hospital in London where I will get pretty much a new immune system.  I won't start my countdown till December 1st.  It's easier mathematically. Starting on November 27th is just too confusing.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to gain weight (Paris was helpful in that, thank you), and get in shape at the same time. Haha. And at the end of this Thanksgiving week, I'm so grateful to all my friends and family who are along for the ride with me. All Aboard!

1 comment:

  1. BEST WORST MOVIE EVER. :) And very appropriate theme!

    ReplyDelete