Monday 14 November 2011

Unwrapping and rewrapping

Well, I spent the weekend unraveling the idea in my mind of my perfectly timed transplant that included the Hallmark Card coincidence of getting my new cells on Thanksgiving Day. It was really nice to think about that way. Like a professionally wrapped present sitting under a tree.

It's funny, these expectations of perfect endings. They really just trip me up. Why would a transplant be any more special on Thanksgiving Day than another day? It's not. It's an awesome thing EVERY day. And the great thing today is that it seems that there has been another very good match found for me!  So now I am rewrapping my mind around having a transplant at the beginning of December. But again, all things must fall into place. This person was actually found and contacted two years ago when they searched for me in Chicago and I decided against doing the transplant. Andy recontacted Chicago to ask about these donors that were found and it hastened this subsequent search tremendously.  This #2 just needs to be contacted again and hopefully will be willing again. I would be, wouldn't you?

This is a short entry today. I feel like I've been on some sort of constant merry-go-round and finally, it's slowed down, and it's quiet, and I can think again. Because even though I was spending all the time "not thinking", I admit, I was worried.  And now that the scenery has changed, I'm relieved. And I can go back to not thinking again.
So wrap up warm tonight and sleep tight,
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment