Monday 7 November 2011

Dinner with Panos

He's the nicest hematologist on the planet. He's now officially a friend and we discuss transplants over wine and olives. He's not at the hospital I chose to do my treatments at but he so gracefully stays in touch with me and clearly cares about us. He's also quite funny, and when we're not talking transplant, we get to talk Greek politics, neither of which are that straight forward or have obvious outcomes. But, unlike Greece, I am a very willing recipient and I have a great attitude toward any donations (haha).

 I must say though, that after speaking with him, there is definitely a chance that this whole process could go quite smoothly. It's not a done deal that I'm going to be feeling horribly for months or anything like that. So, I'm going to go with that story. And anyway, if I do feel bad, it's all so temporary. I know from experience. Bodies heal. You just do begin to feel better!

One thing he mentioned is, no couch-potato-ing. I need to walk at least a kilometer a day (whatever that is...). And he's a big believer in talking. I should ask my questions, say how I feel in all ways. Should I clone him many times and sprinkle him around the U.S? Could use a few docs like that, no?
Oh, and by the way, I finally Googled "Blog" and it is NOT an amalgam of Blah Blah and Hog. It's just a weblog. That's all.

And finally, I have been collecting comedy ideas. The suggestions come rolling in and just for your info, the top two most often suggested are definitely Modern Family and Best in Show, with 30 Rock taking the bronze.
Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment