Wednesday 16 November 2011

About those 100 days...

I guess it'll be more than 100 because this lead up is so dramatic and tacks on an extra month to the process.  Originally I was going to go in and start today. But now it seems it will be December 13th, (they say).  Which means that maybe the new cells will go in around the 21st (first day of Chanuka, by the way). And then the counting begins. One hundred days from then will be my most fragile. About 3 months. And then they say, you start feeling better and stronger.

The only thing I know is that the donor center that handles this donor has been contacted.  I think this happened on Monday.  So it is up to that center, where ever they are, to now contact the donor. And then the donor needs to be like, "Yeah! No problem! I'm not doing anything between Thanksgiving and Christmas! I'd LOVE to donate cells! And, I'm really healthy, by the way..."  Ok?  That's what we're all praying for now.  So, if you're a prayer, I'd so appreciate it if you could throw this into the mix.

I wish I could get a clear picture on this second person.  He or she is the second on the original list that the team in Chicago had found for me two years ago. They are a better fit for me than the second person the team found here.  We hope to go with them because they are CMV negative.  So, with that, I would not be at any risk for contracting CMV after transplant.  It's not that it's not containable, but the medicine for it happens to slow down marrow production, which would slow down the healing process in general.

So, needless to say, it's a little of a pins and needles situation right now. It's best to keep my eye on the bigger picture.  Like, when is Isaac's fever going to disappear?  Or, when will I put those potted lavender plants into the ground for the winter. Or, we're going to Paris this weekend! Yay! I knew I moved to London for a good reason!

Bon nuit,
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment