Friday 7 December 2012

Shakes, yoga and luck

So I have been struggling a bit with the shaking hands since the transplant. Like I can never eat sushi with chop sticks gracefully again. And today suddenly they've disappeared. I don't want to get beyond myself- transplant symptoms do seem to come and go. But last night Janet and  I took a restorative yoga class at the integral yoga institute, and it was amazing. This is where Janet and I, and a few other friends did our original yoga teacher trainings. I hadn't been there in years. It was such a pleasant blast from the past, and so nostalgic, I had goose bumps, and tears in my eyes and glee in my heart. And then we take this really cool class that wasn't about stretching, it was about releasing and letting go. It had a fabulous chunk of meditation and chanting and deep relaxation (no yoga class is proper without this, in my opinion). And for the postures, you would set yourself up with props: bolsters, pillows, belts, to support your staying comfortable in a posture for a pretty long time, and just consciously breath, and relax and watch your breath and mind and just stay there in this yummy reclining twist, or whatever it was. We were SO relaxed afterwards. It was unusual and brilliant and if you ever have the opportunity...

Today was the last shot of the first round of Aza. I've been dehydrated and dizzy still and getting fluids everyday, which helps s lot. My aunt Dee came in for the week and that always puts me in a great mood. We get to talk about everything. She's my friendmom/momfriend aunt. I'm very lucky to have her.  I'm lucky to have everyone who's taken care of me, not only for my whole life, but during my transplant. I'm just sorry things got so scary and touchy at times. I'm sure that couldn't have been fun. Thank you again to everyone who never seemed to leave my side. It was an incredible rotating crowd of angels. I  am a very lucky lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment