Wednesday 5 December 2012

19 days in NY

We are counting the days at chez DACY in London. Is there anyway I could meld the people and fabulousness of these two great cities? I guess it's just to bounce across the pond a lot. I'm not usually a bouncer. I'm usually a chicken. But maybe I am more of a bouncer now. I feel a little bit more brave after this, Still cautious because Im always a mama first, unwilling to entertain what I might not have in the past. I have friends in London who pick up their kids and go anywhere. Safaris. Treks. Far away islands. Long plane flights. They always come back with smiles on their faces. Such a great influence for me.

I started my first week of Azacitadine on Monday. I feel like I had 20 minutes of feeling good and free and a bit back to me and then week one of Aza quickly flew in. It's not horrible. It's out patient. Gives me a tummy ache and fatigue. And an ouchy bruisey belly. Sometimes I find that distraction is the best medicine and sometimes it's just being horizontal. Yesterday I did both. Rested all afternoon. Thank you attavan. And then went to my friend Mark's 50th bday karaoke party with friends from college I've know for 30 years. They're all gorgeous and if anyone's changed its only for the better. We sang "give me one reason" by Tracy chapman and "say you love me" by fleetwood Mac. We were on fire! So much fun...

Today I bring my poor belly back for shot number three. Ouch. And then I hope to go to lunch with Penny and Dave whom I met at Hope Lodge. Besides being braver, I also feel compelled to keep better touch with friends from everywhere. And I had a long talk with my brain yesterday and we've come to terms. We're going to be friends and we decided the we've filled our quota of guilt and worry and we're going to just enjoy.  I'm sure we'll be having reminding conversations, especially because my brain can't remember anything. Poor girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment