Saturday 22 December 2012

Day 91

It's been 91 days since September 21st. Doesn't that seem like a lot of days? Three months sounds shorter. It feels like one could get a lot accomplished in 91 days. But in three months? Less. I think that time is this crazy twisty curvy thing. Although really the way we look at it culturally is linear. It makes no sense otherwise. But how could my friends and I from sixth grade be planing our 50th birthdays together? 50. Wow! When did that happen? They still seem 12 to me (a very mature 12, of course). h Honestly, I like to think about time sometimes, but who really cares? Mostly its just spinning off, doing its own thing.  At this point I just know i have more of it and I'm here and I'm glad to be celebrating. I'll celebrate anything these days.

Today is my last day in NY. But only till February. It's been such a nice time here, albeit for a transplant. But it was a great transplant (in retrospect). I've been nursing this cold so I've turned down some fun invites from Janet and LJ to Christmas parties, and I turned down tea with my cousin Nancy. I'm not usually one to skip a party, especially now that I have truely embraced the Life is Short motto. Lets do it all!! But I also understand on a deeper level than ever before, that I have to take care of myself.  I'm my number 1 girl now. I have to be. I understand this more solidly than ever. I actually feel really proud of my body. She's so good! I just want to thank and take care of her because she rocks, and she's a trooper and surprised us all. Thank you body.

So I did a little floating around this shopping crazed city today. There were lines to get into stores! Ugg! (Literally). I almost bought these cute cheetah print fur lined loafers there until I just couldn't find one way in which they'd be practical in London. Fur lined loafers that you can't get wet and look bad with socks. So if its a chilly day and you want to wear your furry purchase, your freezing ankles will be sticking out all day. For me fashion and practical need to meet. But it's a challenge. It's hard to look cute in the winter. But we can keep trying, right? Or for me, starting Monday, it's to look cute in the rain.

Most important are my boys, who have been waiting and waiting. But, at least They're always cute, in every season, and now I'm sure they have been struggling with "time" and for sure have  a cockamamie sense of it too. Just like their mom. See you Monday morning at 9:30 at heathrow boys. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment