Sunday 23 December 2012

On the plane

Delta 5. It's so James Bond sounding. But it's just a flight number. A very special flight number. It's my flight home. Home to my guys and my puppy and my house and this life that I started in London. I feel like the Cheshire Cat. I have devious smile on my face. I beat the odds. For years I felt like I was being kicked out of my life. I hated it. It was limbo. I feel so different now. I feel grounded in this life. On this planet. I'm looking to expand my bucket list. My priorities seem different. My guilt levels have decreased. My giving a hoot about whatever's happened in the past has decreased. Admittedly, I still do have pangs of worry about the future. Bloodwork, biopsies. All that. But not to the point on ruining this moment. It's just pangs, not a deluge.

Tonight I dedicate my transplant to my girlfriends in NY. Ladies, without you I could easily not be here writing this tonight. I might not remember anything. But I remember you.
Lots of forever love.
Bon Voyage and see you soon!
Cheers (as they say, a lot, in england)
💝Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment