Tuesday 25 December 2012

I Am Home








What a beautiful Christmas Day. So many smiles, hugs, family, friends. I couldn't help but make a few toasts to me!  It's not really me, but it's the miracles of this whole thing. Of life. Of the strength of my family and friends.  That I am doing so well. I still can't help but remark on the sheer life force of those cells! And the receptivity of my body. Talk about turning over a new leaf!  This is a new Life.

I hope my donor had a nice day. I hope she feels really good about her gift to me. Hope she gets my letter soon. It's a real labaryinth to get a letter to her. It's all snail mail. It gets sent from me, to the doctor's office for approval, to the donor coordinator for approval, the Bone Marrow Registry for approval and then sent to my donor. Then, hopefully, she'll read it and follow the same procedure to get a letter back to me. That's a lotta red tape, approvals and people to get past.  What if she doesn't write back?  She will, right? I'm sure...

I hope everyone who stopped by to read this entry today felt loved in some way today.  Got a hug, gave a hug.  Had some yummy food and a fantastic dessert. I even took a moment to thank Jesus. I was born a yoga doing Jew, but he's certainly such a peaceful, miracle making, misunderstood guy.  For him today, I'm thankful.  Thankful for birth and babies and life.  Thankful each time I connect with my inner peace and each time I feel understood by those I love.  There's nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment