Tuesday 5 June 2012

Trials

I just spoke with Panos. This is a doctor who I really feel is on my side. I feel like Marty is too. But if I can find that here in London and ultimately have my transplant here in London and not have to uproot myself and my family, it would be so much better. 


Panos is contacting the researchers today about the Thioridazine trials to tell them we are interested in compassionate use of the drug. Hopefully, they will give him dosages.   He's is not sure they will reveal the complete protocol of the trial, but whatever he can get would be great. He was trying to make me aware of how many drugs go into trials each year, to no avail. Although, it is undeniable that Schizophrenics on this drug have a really low rate of cancer. That is documented data.  And Panos agrees with that. And then we laughed at how indecisive I'll be if I take this drug. It completely zonks you out. Yikes. This will definitely be a trial.

The only thing that's weird about staying in London is that if anyone I knew ever had to go through such a horrendous cancer experience, I'd shove them out the door to Sloan Kettering right away.  It is the place to be for cancer. I always wondered why my mother wasn't at Sloan years ago? She had a very complicated cancer that showed up in her lungs and a Chronic Leukemia as well. And instead of Sloan Kettering, they chose a podunk hospital close to home because it was convenient.  And she died there.




No comments:

Post a Comment