Wednesday 20 June 2012

Keepin' On

Today is Day 9 of Azacitidine. Tomorrow is the last day. And then a few weeks to recover and another biopsy.  My further plans completely depend on the outcome of that biopsy. Who What When and Where are still undecided. Andy is very focused on keeping all the doctors in the mix and never ever dropping the ball. And so are a hundred of my friends...

Today is an absolutely gorgeous day in London. I'm in the new MacMillan Cancer Day Care Center getting a blood transfusion. Two bags of hemoglobin. Man, without the proper amount of hemoglobin in your blood you really have to drag your ass around. I'll feel much better tomorrow. But I'm so glad nothing has been alarming during this round of chemotherapy. My electrolytes are holding.

Yesterday I went to Regents Park with Ari and played in the playground and watched Laila chase ducks right into the pond!  We had to pull her out and she shocked herself as much as she shocked us. Too bad dogs can't laugh, because it was hilarious. I don't think she's a water dog. 

Later I went to dinner with Edie, Elsie, and Carolyn. Summer Solstice birthday celebrations which was so fun. I watched them drink a fabulous Chianti.



Andy and I had such a nice Father's Day. We went to see Van Morrison play at Hampton Court Palace (the summer home of Henry VIII). I was blown away by how tight his band is. I think every possible type of horned instrument was included in the band and the guys were switching back and forth like crazy. Van brought out his daughter Sarah out to sing with him and it gave me chills. She's super cute and talented. Van Morrison has this reputation of being so ornery--just burping on stage and leaving-- but tonight, he was absolutely amazing.  I didn't realize he wrote Crazy Love. But he did. I thought it was Aaron Neville. My favorite Van Morrison song is Brand New Day. He didn't play it this night, but look it up. It's perfect.
Lots of Love,
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment