Thursday 7 June 2012

Ouch

After much prayer this morning, the biopsy was done. Andy and Andrea were with me, a bit green and very supportive. They majorly slipped me a mickey today, I think I spent most of the time telling everyone how beautiful they are--including the doctors.  I feel so well right now. I love it. But I know the spot where he did the biopsy is going to turn into a big ouchy tomorrow.  It seems I'll probably start Azacytadine round 2 on Monday. I want to. So, fingers crossed, prayers in place, visualizing being well.

Apparently, I got home and slept and slept and my kids snuggled with me and I didn't even know it. It's like when I steal kisses off of Ari when he's sleeping, but different, because, I like being kissed. And I definitely prefer to be conscious when I receive them! But, when it comes to kids, Andy and I will take any sort of affection, anytime, anywhere. 

Andrea is really close with my kids. She's funny and cool and smart and knows them inside out. We carpooled to nursery school together. She knows Ari pre-natally :-)

Andrea also has the organization gene. You know, that giant fantastic gene that if you don't have it you go through life feeling like you have a chip missing and you just watch other people generously organizing your stuff for you and it's like watching a foreign film without subtitles.   I get completely confused, but then there's ultimately a happy ending I'm like, "HEY! That was a fantastic movie!!" 

Do you think that maybe while l am spending so much time thanking God for so many gifts and asking for healing in my blood, I could ask for the organizational gene?  

Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment