Thursday 14 June 2012

Started It

Today was the third day of round 2 of Azacitidine. I'm very appreciative of this drug.  But I do also just have to mention that I am so tired of drugs and medicines.  I can't wait to get back to the old days of treating my ailments with things like wheatgrass juice and Goldenseal. But this is Ok. This is a phase in my life where I have certainly learned a lot. I've learned to rely on Western medicine. I've learned to pray. I've learned to love myself a bunch more and I've learned how much love I have in my life. It's not that I didn't know that before, but this really drove it home! 

I've been feeling great. I was able to go to pick-up on the last day of school and hug teachers and friends and then take Isaac out to lunch and buy him a new pair of majorly cool blue suede "I did awesomely well in fifth grade" sneakers. 

My college friend Arpine arrived yesterday and she is a hoot. Tons of laughs.  She is such a through and through major New Yorker. She reminds me of a former me. The really talkative, opinionated, not afraid to open my mouth, all-black wearing downtown chick. It's very reassuring.

In New York, you can really rip someone a new one and it doesn't matter because you'll never see them again. But when we moved to Chicago, I really had to clean up my act. I had to get some manners, smile back at people on the street, and moisten-up that super dry sense of humor. That was probably the hardest part, but it was either that or risk no one ever getting any of my jokes ever again. So, needless to say, I always find New Yorkers really comfy. Like an old, extremely expensive soft leather coat that fits you so well because you're so fit because all you do is work out. Maybe one day I'll be able to put the coat back on.




No comments:

Post a Comment