Saturday 12 January 2013

Not Miserable

"When you love someone you see the face of God". Isn't that the nicest quote from Les Mis? We got to see it tonight. I think we got the last 3 tickets in London. We brought Isaac and I must say he did very well. I truely forgot to mention the singing aspect  of it. I think he was pretty amazed to see Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe having  operatic showdowns. Plus we learned about this tiny piece of French history that embodied such dedication, perseverance. A willingness to really fight for what you believe in. Sometimes you just have to do that.  And of course I'm all blubbering in the end when Ann Hathaway comes back as a ghost and thanks Jean  Valjean for raising her daughter and he says, "She's the best part of my life", through his tears. And instead of Isaac being all embarrassed that I was having a cry cry moment, he put his head on my shoulder and said," I can't believe you're home". So sweet, I looked around. I couldn't believe it either. Everything is such a privledge. Even my itchy chemo side effects. (And the fact that Sacha Baron Cohen stole the show...)

I could imagine that perspective on things to be really annoying to some people. But I'm not saying anyone should have to live in an appreciative state. I mean, life can be hard.  I'm just saying that I naturally do now. And I don't mind at all. It feels like I'm not missing anything,  Just maybe a little sleep. Scratch scratch scratch.
Bon Reve.

No comments:

Post a Comment