Tuesday 15 January 2013

Borrowed time?

I guess my favorite part of today was picking up Ari at school, I brought the dog and I felt like Mary had a little lamb. She literally made the children laugh and play. It was so angelic somehow. Ari's got a great bunch of friends at school and I'm so glad. Friends have always been my saving grace.

I'm feeling a little sad for him tonight, after a meeting this evening with the incredible staff at school who's had his back so well and know him so well. It seems like he might have an ADHD thing going on. It's really hard for him to stay focused academically. This has always been a struggle for him. It's just hard and exhausting. Poor guy.

Childhood is just so much easier when school is easy. I know he'll be a really interesting  adult. When he can choose a career from his passions, but in school you have to be good at everything. Tough stuff. So, he''s still being assessed and we'll see. I'm glad we're getting to this when he's still little. And as tough as it is, these are the types of things mommies have transplants for: JUST TO BE HERE! What a gift! A treat! If Ari has troubles, I get to be the one to deal with it!!! Yay!!! I'm must sound crazy. But, I'm not. I might always feel like I'm living on borrowed time (or well earned time), but that's OK. Because, Really, we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment