Saturday 7 July 2012

Unpack & Re-pack

It's pouring here in London tonight. Four days in Greece made us forget all about that! Poor England. Having a muddy summer. It was nice to hang up my down jacket for four days (I'm not kidding). Greece was a delight. And I got to meet people Andy has known and been working with for over 20 years. I loved them all. Warm, passionate, funny, generous people. 

I did a session with Michaelis the Healer in Athens. His hands really are HOT. It seems like he worked mostly on my third-eye and my solar-plexus. It felt nice. Hands-on healing can be THE nicest "complement" to chemotherapy and hospitals and regular old doctors.  Michaelis is an energy healer and I wouldn't be so intrigued if there weren't SO many people I had met that have been cured of something by him or knew someone that had been cured. Everything from severed nerves, colitis, and cancers. He doesn't speak much English. But I think I understood that he thinks I could be cured working with him for nine months twice a week. He also said he'd work with me after the transplant if I decide to have it. 

It's sad the Nora Ephron passed away. She had AML and wasn't a good case for a transplant. I realize that just having a donor match is a blessing. It's a HUGE thing!!!  And my being and feeling strong are also huge. As Michaelis scanned my body he said that I did not have any organ damage.  It's a relief. And I'll be so interested to see if all the tests I'll have this week at Sloan Kettering will confirm that. 

I leave tomorrow for NY and will meet with Marty on Monday at 4:00 and have the biopsy at 5:00. In the UK when they do a biopsy, they sedate you with valium and it just makes the whole thing so bearable. In the US, you get nada. Just some local anesthesia that hurts maybe more than the damn procedure itself! Americans are TOUGH! 

So, on Monday at 5:00pmEST please send me some pain enduring vibes and I'll do my best to be a good patient. One time, in Chicago, I was getting a cavity filled and the guy was so bad I punched him. It was honestly involuntary! But I was kind of glad I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome stateside, Dina! Sending lots of love and pain-enduring vibes your way. Wish I were in NY so I could also give you some in-person hugs, but for now, cyber hugs will have to do... xoxoxo
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete