Monday 25 February 2013

My Goodness Robin

We had to record the Oscars, of course, because of the time zone difference. Isaac and I sat down to watch them tonight. It wasn't until an hour in that we realized we had only recorded the Oscars Red Carpet and completely missed the awards ceremony. I really just wanted to see how funny Seth MacFarlane was.  But had we just recorded the awards, I would have missed how incredible Robin Roberts seemed and looked! I didn't recognize her at first. And then I screamed out, "She looks amazing!" I think Isaac thought I was crazy. She's the the stem cell transplant poster person extradinaire. Andy was nice enough to emphasize that there's no doubt she has a personal trainer. But still! Who even has the strength to lift a weight 5 months out of a transplant?!  I'm so glad for her. For every transplant recipient. 

I'm so happy that the Gift Of Life Donor Circle we set up just made a fourth match for a woman in her 60's with AML.  This itty bitty fund-raising circle has saved FOUR lives!!!  Thank you, thank you to everyone who donated. And the award goes to.... YOU!



Here 's a link to gorgeous Robin. Hope you can open.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2283940/Happy-healthy-hitting-red-carpet-Robin-Roberts-makes-showstopping-Oscars-appearance-blue-velvet-gown.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

No comments:

Post a Comment