Saturday 25 February 2012

One Bead at a Time


Feeling really chemo’ed-up today. Yuck. Blech. It’s GOT to be working... 

London was gorgeous and sunny, and although inside, I sat in the sun and watched it set. I listened to The “Adult Alternative Pop Mix” on the Genius setting on my iTunes today. Just let the computer decide what I should listen to. It ended up being a lot of Ben Harper, John Mayer, and Joni Mitchell.  Then I switched to the Classic Rock Mix and noticed how many Brits helped make me feel better today: Mick Jagger, Graham Nash, George Harrison, Peter Frampton, Terry Reid, Rod Stewart, Seal, The Who, Tom Petty,  Joan Armatrading,  Isn’t it crazy? And the list could go on…

They take very good care of me here. And one of my favorite nurses, Emma, is mine today.  You know the song,  “Close to You”?   (Burt Bacharach. A  GREAT American musician!) That was written for her. She’s an Irish angel. Very Cool and giggly.  Turned me onto Bon Iver and I turned her on to Ben Harper today. So that was productive….  I’m making her a wrap bracelet. She picked her colors: these sort of multi ocean colored Czech glass beads and black leather.  It’ll look good on her pale, pale wrist. And for me, I’m turning making bracelets into a meditation at the urging of my friend Amal; every bead a prayer, or a clearing.  One bead at a time Dina. One Bead at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment