Sunday 1 January 2012

This Is How Nice People Are

It felt good to send out my New Year's I Love You's to everybody.  Just making one-way cyber contact made me feel better.  Imagine then how much I thrive on actually BEING with people. I'm definitely an extrovert. And in my well-wishing I sent out the link to my Donor Circle that Kaethe created for me on the Gift of Life website
If you missed it, here it is:
http://www.giftoflife.org/dc/Blog.aspx?BlogID=584

We're raising money to help test their backlog of untested cheek cell swabs.  They have 14,000 of them! Nothing to laugh at! In there could be a perfect match for me. If not, then I'm sure for others. So since the Circle was created, friends have forwarded the link to friends. And so on and so on. As of today, we've raised nearly $9000!  It's awesome.  I think though, that the most awesome part for me is each link in this Circle. I think there are as many people in the circle that I don't know as I do know! Friends of friends donating. And this is because people are good and nice and generous. That's a fact! And I've always known it!

The other amazing thing is hearing from people I was friends with in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade! I LOVE that!  It is SO comforting! And as well there are folks helping me who I have JUST met! THAT is incredibly comforting too. And of course, all my soulmates in between...

So, thank you. I am MUCH less cranky today. Much much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment