Monday 11 March 2013

Self-Portrait in Numbers


I could gaze at this all day. It's golden. It's a clean slate. It's miraculous.  Previously, those numbers would all have an L or an H for low and high, next to them. Now, nothing. Mid-range. Smack down the middle. It might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of beautiful stuff).  It's shock and awe in a good way.

Dr. Giralt and the entire hospital of Sloan Kettering went over me with a fine tooth comb last week.  They are meticulous and fabulous. The preliminary look at the marrow biopsy looks, quote/unquote, great! The only thing I have is some GVHD in my mouth and a low Vitamin D level (lack of sunshine much?)  All treatable of course.

And I'm still in love with NY. My comfy blanket. And it, as a city, was even better this time because I still haven't gotten back my sense of smell from the cold I had. So NY smelled GREAT!  Can you imagine? It's like watching annoying TV with the sound down.

I had tons of fun. Sharing a studio with Susanne, Allison and Kaethe. Processing a bit of what this year has been like. For them. For me. For everyone taking care of me. Some I remember, some I don't. But ever grateful I am.

We had a great night Karaokeing (sp?) with all my NY beauties and some of their husbands too! I never even realized that the song Spill The Wine was really saying "spill the wine".  I'm not sure what I thought, but it wasn't that. We all had sore throats the next day...
LoveLoveLove


1 comment:

  1. We are all very very happy for you here in Greece!!!! Go on girl !!! You really deserve it !!!! Dont forget the Greek sun is waiting for you!!!!!!! Very good for your lack of vitamin D .....
    Lots of kisses
    Alexia k

    ReplyDelete