Thursday 29 March 2012

Luck

Blogging from my iPhone. I guess I could have been doing this all along while I've been trapped in a hospital in London with the thickest firewall in the universe. God forbid I should be able to get on to my own blogsite! But no, no access. It's not safe. Humorous. So i privably couod have jyst bligged daily, even just some oneliners, from my phone like i'm doing now, but i have such an aversion to typos and spelling errors. Writing on an iPhone makes what you write look maybe worthy of a third grade first draft. How does anyone run a business from an iphone? Dont get me wring, i love my iphone, but i guess it just has its place... (I'm keepomg all the typos here jut o you can see how bad it is!)

So I seem to be 99% past pneumonia and today, I'm waiting. Waiting and hoping my neutrophils are past 0.5 because if they are, I'm going home. I had a biopsy on Tuesday that I'd love to know some preliminary results from, but I don't think that will happen today. All I want is nothing. No leukemia. Nothing. Except I do want the serenity to get through this waiting with some grace. If this biopsy has nothing in it, then I can go on to transplant soon. If my neutrophils are above .5 then I can go home today. I've lost count of the days I've been in here. But it's a lot. I don't even think I want to know.

I watched the documentary "More To Live For" with Allison when she was here. It follows 3 good souls through the transplant process. One, James Chippendale CEO of Love Hope Strength was out of the hospital in 18 days after transplant. That's amazing! What is that? Luck? Isn't so much of life luck? Sometimes I waste my time trying to place myself somewhere on the Luck Scale. And depending on what color glasses I put on, I am either extremely lucky or, if I put on those yucky glasses with the pukey color, all scratched laying on the floor, then I don't look so lucky. It's all perspective. Wouldn't it be easy (or lucky) if you could just grab a pair of crystal clear glasses of pure sight whenever you wanted? The Zen Brand.

 This just in. A bit of luck. My neutrophils are .54!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dina! Nice gift, those lovely neutrophils are! Many, many happy returns, Sweetie!

    Love,
    Lizzy and the D's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dina! Nice gift, those lovely neutrophils are! Many, many happy returns, Sweetie!

    Love,
    Lizzy and the D's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for .54 neutrophils! I hope this means you're at home enjoying your birthday with your loved ones. Thinking of you always...

    ReplyDelete