Friday 28 March 2014

Pristine

Yahoo! "Pristine" is how Dr. Giralt described my bloodwork and the results of my bone marrow biopsy two weeks ago.  I'm stunned, even though I felt things were good.  It's just that when that big fat corkscrew, needle, tapper, poker, digger thing starts in my hip in search of bone and marrow there's always a few nerves--a shadow of a doubt.  It brings back bad memories. But this is starting to feel real to me. I think my marrow, my body, have completely accepted this re-start. And the worries about breast cancer were nothing as well. It's all good today.

I'm coming up on my original birthday. March 31. Although I feel so much more attuned with my new, September 21st birthday, I'm going to celebrate on Monday by christening a ship in Japan! How crazy is that? How fun. How lucky.  I'm in a hotel in Tokyo right now. Late at night. Just having Facetimed with Isaac. Andy fast asleep.  It's quiet. And I'm alive.  So thankful. Pinch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment