Sunday 22 December 2013

And Finally….The Absolutley Fabulous Monique!!!

It's funny because Monique, my stem-cell donor, told me that each time she tried to respond to a letter or card I sent her, she would start to write something and then not know what to write and then just throw it out. Now, this post should be an old post because Monique and I met online, through Facebook (probably best use of Facebook ever) a few weeks ago! I've been trying to blog about it ever since! I keep starting to write something, read it over, and either delete it, or let it sit there hanging.  Monique is right. It's really hard to write about! What do you say? From my end, it's a gift she's given me that is beyond words. But here are some things I can say about Monique in the little contact we've had so far. Not only is she witty and funny, she's beautiful with a big gorgeous smile, a hard worker, a great mom, and very loving. She cares about people.  Plus, she is a true altruist. Something I have only aspired to be.  

Our match is curious. She's only 1/4 Jewish yet we have ten identical genetic markers. Science works in magical ways, or magical ways work in science. 

I wish her and her family so much love this holiday season. She has given me this holiday and all holidays to come. If this lady never does one more good deed in her life, in my book, Let it Be. The rest her life should be a holiday. She's filled her quota. But, from the little I know her, she's going to contribute a lot more to this world. 

Thank you Monique. From the deepest heart of my family to yours. 
Peace,
Dina




No comments:

Post a Comment